11 January 2015

HOMEMADE DRIED MANGO



Before we start, this takes a while. By a while I'm taking 2/3 hours of waiting (and trying not to eat it all). It is SO simple to do though, plus it's extremely tasty, that it's definitely worth the wait and patience!

Here's how to do it yourself at home.

1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 1/180f or the lowest setting it has.
2. Prep your mango by peeling and washing (if needed).
3. Cut the mango into thin slices.
4. Spread the slices evenly on a lined baking tray and place that into the oven.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Flip the mango and place back in the oven for another 30 minutes.
6. Repeat this process for around 3 hours until the mango is crispy on the outside but still slightly soft on the inside.

Once it's all cooked, enjoy! I slightly over cooked some of the thinner pieces but they still tasted great as mango crisps.

If you give this recipe ago tweet me @afloralcrown and let me know what you thought. A quick video showing this recipe should also be up live later this afternoon on my YouTube Channel.

1 comment:

  1. Dried Mango is delicious! Unfortunately, I don't think I've got the patience to keep flipping them all the time for 3 hours and would most likely forget, hah! ;)

    Laura | laurafat2fit.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete