07 January 2015

2015 RACES & EVENTS PLANS SO FAR


Back last October I published a post all about my events and races I was planning on booking for 2015. Since that post was published I soon found myself entering a number of races. Now that 2015 has arrived I thought I would share with you a few of those ones that I'll be participating in this year, with hopefully more to add as the year goes on!

First up, The Cancer Research Winter Run 10k. Held on the 1st February, it's got closed London streets, snow zones and also polar bear hugs! This will be my first event of the year and actually falls the day before my 21st birthday. I am very excited to have the chance to run with some friends and can't wait to spend the weekend before my birthday in London and running! I'm hoping to get a new PB in this race but with a large crowd expected, and the fact it's going to be a seriously fun race rather than a serious push for a PB, I'm not entirely sure how likely that may be.

The next races falls on the 19th April. The Plymouth Half Marathon. This was my debut half marathon last year and I am ready and rearing to get going out on this course again. I'm hoping to really improve on my time for this half marathon but also looking forward to running my local half marathon once again.

And then the 31st May brings Plymouth Grande Fondo. A 100 mile event with 3500m of climbing and encompassing some incredible views of Dartmoor and it's surrounding area. This is my first ever cycling event - it appears I like to just throw myself into sports sometimes. It's going to be a great day and I'm hoping that the weather plans to stay dry for it!

So, that's three of the events I've got all entered and booked in for this year. I'm also hoping to do We Own The Night 10k, the Eden Project Half Marathon and perhaps the Royal Parks Half Marathon as well. I'm really hoping that this is going to be a very active year for me with lots of exciting events hopefully going to be entered. Of course, I will be posting about everything on here!

What events have you got planned so far for 2015? Let me know @afloralcrown.