12 December 2014

EASY BANANA MUFFINS/CUPCAKES


So this is my official first made up from scratch recipe! They haven't turned out 100% perfect but I don't think they're too bad! The recipe is extremely simple and perfect for using up those spotty bananas. To make the above banana cupcakes (makes 5) you will need:
-  2 or 3 medium brown spotty bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 175g ground almonds
- For the chocolate add around 1/2 - 1 full tsp of cocoa powder

Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a cupcake tin with cases. Mash up the bananas and then add in all the other ingredients. Give them all a really good mix together before pouring the mixture into the cases. Place in the oven for around 30-35 minutes until a knife is clean when placed in the centre. Once they've cooked transfer to a cooling rack and then enjoy!

Let me know if you give these cakes a go! Also, if you have any tips at all on how to improve this recipe then please send any advice my way @afloralcrown.

I'm posting everyday as part of my 24 days of Christmas Fitness. Make sure to check back each day for a new post all the way up until Christmas Day !