10 December 2014

I THINK I'M ADDICTED TO...OMELETTES


Granted there could be worse things to be addicted to but I feel like omelettes and I are seeing perhaps a bit too much of each other. For the past couple of weeks I seem to have had a lo of omelettes. There's nothing really that wrong with having omelettes but I do think I need to mix up my breakfasts, try something new and step away from the omelettes for a while.

My go to omelette is quick, simple and easy, plus it just tastes good. I grab two eggs, whisk them up in a bowl with lots of ground black pepper. To a frying pan I add a teensy bit of oil and add in some chopped up cherry tomatoes. Once they've softened, I remove them from the pan and place them to the side. With the pan on a medium heat, I add the eggs and let them slowly cook through. When it's nearly cooked all the way through the tomatoes get added back in along with some spinach. Fold in half, wait one to two minutes to seal and that's it. A simple, quick, tasty breakfast. The other day I also tried out a spiced sweet omelette using a pre-mixed spice (including cinnamon and nutmeg) with berries in the middle. It seemed like an odd combination and I wasn't too sure how it would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I need some new breakfast ideas and also some new omelette recipes to try out. If you have any suggestions or posts send them my way or tweet @afloralcrown.

I'm posting everyday as part of my 24 days of Christmas Fitness. Make sure to check back each day for a new post all the way up until Christmas Day!