15 October 2014

HOLIDAY BLUES & REVISITING NYC


Holiday blues are never fun. Boarding the plane and leaving a suspended reality where you have really no responsibilities, no job to worry about and just enjoying the experience of the "now". When you arrive back home that holiday feeling quickly vanishes as you return back to reality and the memories created fade soon start to fade. Holiday blues are something that I experienced a great deal when I returned from a holiday I had in December 2012.

From the moment I landed at JFK, albeit extremely tired & ready for sleep, never has there been a moment in my life when I have had such a humongous grin on my face. The months & weeks of waiting in anticipation had ended. I had boarded a plane, flown across the Atlantic and landed in a city I had wished to visit for so many years. I was in New York City and I couldn't have been more excited. The days quickly whizzed past though and before I knew it I had landed back in London. It feels like only yesterday I was strolling through Central Park, heading up to the top of the Empire State Building on Christmas Day and experiencing the magic of snow whilst walking through Times Square. It was truly amazing place and I couldn't recommend it enough.

I was lucky enough to have spent a number of days in New York over the Christmas period of 2012 and since then, pretty much everyday without fail, I've wanted to go back. I saw SO MUCH whilst I was there but there is still a whole lot more I want to see. Fingers crossed that next year in 2015 I can get the chance to head back to the city I fell in love with. In terms of places I want to visit if/when I head back there it includes; the High-Line, the Rockefeller Center and exploring many many more areas of Central Park.

What place has left you with that feeling that you know you HAVE to go back there one day or is there a place you've had on your bucket list for an age? Let me know or tweet me @afloralcrown!